- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell plans on Tuesday afternoon to offer the House-passed repeal of the health care law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration bill that is set for floor consideration, according to Republican sources.
The Kentucky Republican will file the amendment following the GOP’s weekly caucus lunch. Senate Democrats have vowed to block any attempt to repeal President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, which was signed in March after clearing Congress along party lines.
McConnell could have brought up the House repeal bill as early as last Thursday. His expected action on Tuesday comes one day after a federal district court judge in Florida threw out the law on constitutional grounds.