- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
While some Members of Congress place friendly bets on Sunday’s upcoming Super Bowl matchup between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers, others are using the big game to raise campaign cash.
At least two Members are hosting Super Bowl-themed fundraisers this week, according to the Sunlight Foundation’s Party Time blog. Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) is planning a Super Bowl XLV Luncheon on Saturday at the swanky downtown restaurant the Palm, while the campaign of Rep. Sanford Bishop (D-Ga.) is hosting the Second Annual Superbowl Bash in Columbus, Ga.
Suggested donations for Bishop’s fundraiser start at $500, while Conyers’ starts at $1,000. Conyers is also offering a complementary Super Bowl ticket for individual event sponsors who give $4,800, according to a flyer advertising the event.