- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Two suspicious packages were removed Wednesday from the Dallas-area office of Sen. John Cornyn, a spokesman for the Texas Republican told Reuters.
Drew Brandewie said that two floors of the building were evacuated.
Deputy Police Chief Mark Young of the Farmers Branch Police Department told the Associated Press that bomb experts from the Texas Department of Public Safety were involved in the response. He described one of the packages as a 14-inch-long tan box containing tapes and films. The contents were not deemed a threat, but they were destroyed in a nearby vacant lot anyway, Young said.
An investigation is ongoing, and no arrests have been made, Young said.