- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Two suspicious packages were removed Wednesday from the Dallas-area office of Sen. John Cornyn, a spokesman for the Texas Republican told Reuters.
Drew Brandewie said that two floors of the building were evacuated.
Deputy Police Chief Mark Young of the Farmers Branch Police Department told the Associated Press that bomb experts from the Texas Department of Public Safety were involved in the response. He described one of the packages as a 14-inch-long tan box containing tapes and films. The contents were not deemed a threat, but they were destroyed in a nearby vacant lot anyway, Young said.
An investigation is ongoing, and no arrests have been made, Young said.