- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep. Linda Sánchez (D-Calif.) will take the top Democratic seat on the House Ethics Committee in the 112th Congress, her office confirmed Tuesday.
Earlier in the day, Rep. Zoe Lofgren (Calif.) vacated the panel’s ranking member seat, less than three weeks after accepting the post on what Democratic aides had previously described as a temporary basis. Lofgren chaired the Ethics panel in the previous Congress.
Democratic leaders did not immediately announce which Members would fill their remaining four seats on the committee.
Republicans returned all five of their lawmakers who served on the panel in the 111th Congress, including now-Chairman Jo Bonner (R-Ala.)
Sánchez has not previously served on the Ethics Committee.