- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
While the person designated to deliver the rebuttal to the president’s State of the Union address typically enjoys a higher profile in the days after the speech, the pre-emptive criticism is less common.
For his part, Ryan batted off the criticism Monday and took particular aim at Reid.
“We appreciate Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s effort to contrast Chairman Ryan’s invitation for solutions with the Majority Leader’s non-solution to exacerbate our uncontrolled fiscal trajectory,” spokesman Conor Sweeney said.