- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
“They’re laughing if they think they can put this one in play,” the strategist said. “Democrats handily survived the shellacking of 2010 here and it’s an overwhelmingly Democratic district, with the right candidate it will stay in Democratic hands.”
Meanwhile, the Democratic field for Lieberman’s seat could grow again in the coming weeks.
Rep. Joe Courtney (D) of the 2nd district is also mulling a run.
“Over the past few months, people from across Connecticut whose advice I respect have encouraged me to consider a Senate run. I am seriously considering that challenge,” Courtney said in a statement earlier in the week.