- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
- A Democrat Begins Senate Campaign in Louisiana
Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) on Wednesday added Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) to his whip team as a Chief Deputy Whip.
In a statement, Welch said holding the leadership post “ensures that Vermonters continue to have a seat at the table in the House of Representatives during important policy debates that affect their day-to-day lives.”
Hoyer said that Welch “brings an important perspective to the table, and I look forward to working with him as we promote Democrats’ priorities of job creation and deficit reduction.”
Welch, a three-term Member, also announced that he will serve on the Agriculture Committee this year in addition to keeping his spot on the Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Welch previously served on the Energy and Commerce Committee, but he lost the assignment after Democrats lost the majority.