- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Cantor said he applauded Obama’s executive order but that it must go further. “That’s why I am re-launching the ‘No Cost Jobs Plan’ today, a plan we presented to the president and his party last year,” he said.
Kurt Bardella, spokesman for Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), called it “ironic” that Democrats have criticized Issa for trying to advance the idea of tying regulatory reform to job creation.
“The president’s intervention pretty much undercuts the Democrats’ ability to attack Issa’s effort as it is now part of a broader discussion that the president is leading. It begs the question, what will folks like the Democratic National Committee and [ranking member Elijah Cummings] say now?” he asked.