- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Updated: 5:57 p.m.
Smoke was reported on the sixth floor of the Library of Congress’ James Madison Memorial Building on Wednesday but has now cleared.
The smoke on the sixth floor and burning odors on other floors resulted from a malfunctioning air handler on the seventh floor, said Pete Piringer, spokesman for the D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department.
The Madison Building was partially evacuated, Piringer added, but people were allowed to return. No injuries were reported.
Independence Avenue between First and Second streets was closed but has now reopened to traffic.