- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Updated: 3:28 p.m.
President Barack Obama said Monday to expect an announcement in the coming days about a memorial to honor the victims of the Tucson, Ariz., shooting, although he did not say whether he will travel to Arizona.
“There is no doubt that we will establish some mechanism, memorial during the course of the next several days, and when we have it, we will announce it,” Obama said during remarks following a separate meeting with French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
But for now, Obama said, people are still grieving and in shock over the Saturday shooting that left six dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) in serious condition.
“So in the coming days, we’re going to have a lot of time to reflect,” Obama said. “As president of the United States, but also as a father, obviously I’m spending a lot of time just thinking about the families and reaching out to them.”