- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
There have also been less ambitious efforts. For instance, CBC and Blue Dog leaders have periodically held meetings to discuss their legislative agendas, and the ethnic minority caucuses are expected to regularly meet this session. But even those efforts have had limited success.
Cleaver said that CBC chairmen have sat “down with whoever is the chair of the Blue Dog Coalition” in the past, but those meetings have never resulted in bridging the policy gaps between the two groups. “Most of the time it’s people walking around angry,” he added.
Kathleen Hunter contributed to this report.