- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced Saturday that the House would postpone work on a health care repeal measure and all other legislation in the wake of a deadly attack on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.).
In a statement released by his office Saturday night, Cantor announced that “All legislation currently scheduled to be considered by the House of Representatives next week is being postponed so that we can take whatever actions may be necessary in light of today’s tragedy.”
Cantor’s office was expected to provide more details Sunday.
Leadership was also believed to be working on activities surrounding the tragedy, although what that would entail remained unclear.