- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. Patty Murray has decided to promote her leadership staff director, Mike Spahn, to be her new overall chief of staff upon the departure of current chief Jeff Bjornstad.
Bjornstad announced he was leaving the Washington Democrat's office to pursue other opportunities, according to a Thursday Seattle Post-Intelligencer report.
Murray, who serves as both Democratic Conference Secretary and Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Chairman, does not expect to replace Spahn as Conference Secretary staff director in the short term, one Democratic aide said. In December, Murray announced that former Hillary Rodham Clinton political director Guy Cecil will be the DSCC's executive director.
Spahn is expected to take on his new role in the next few weeks.