- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Slaughter persisted, questioning whether other lawmakers had also failed to take the oath. “Are we sure we’re through here?” she asked. “Are there any other people who decided not to take the oath?”
Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.) also missed taking the oath of office Wednesday. A spokesman said he was in Oregon taking care of a district matter and that he was sworn in Thursday morning. He did not participate in any votes before taking the oath.