- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Freshman Rep. Frederica Wilson isn’t completely giving up her trademark hats, but it appears she’s going to abide by rules prohibiting them on the House floor.
An HOH tipster eyed the Florida Democrat near the Speaker’s Lobby on Thursday morning wearing one of her flamboyant hats, “deep purple with rhinestones.” But Wilson removed the hat at the Speaker’s Lobby, our spy says.
Wilson had fought to wear her hats on the House floor. During freshman orientation, Wilson challenged the hat ban, calling it sexist.
But don’t worry, Wilson wasn’t without her fashion mainstay for long. HOH saw the Congresswoman wearing the hat in the Congressional hallways later Thursday morning.