- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Since we went to print Wednesday afternoon, HOH has gathered a few more tidbits from the first day of Congress. Some highlights:
• Vice President Joseph Biden and his wife, Jill Biden, made the rounds during receptions held for new and returning Senators on Wednesday night. The Bidens showed up to events for a bipartisan batch of Members, including Sens. Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii), Dan Coats (R-Ind.) Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) and Rob Portman (R-Ohio).
• Speaking of Biden, HOH hears he received quite an unusual government spending request Wednesday. As Sen. Johnny Isakson posed for his mock swearing-in photo alongside the veep, the Georgia Republican’s young grandson asked Biden whether construction workers could build a Legoland theme park at the Capitol, according to a tipster. No word on whether stimulus funds could be used to sponsor the project.
• A tipster points out that among those posing with Rep. Lois Capps for her mock swearing-in photograph with Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Wednesday was her daughter, Laura Burton Capps. Missing from the family picture was the Congresswoman’s son-in-law, Bill Burton. Perhaps he had a job interview at the White House?