- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) will miss the opening of the 112th Congress in order to undergo knee-replacement surgery, the Sacramento Bee reported Tuesday.
The 77-year-old will be unable to travel for about three weeks as she recovers from the operation, which is scheduled for Wednesday in San Francisco, she said in a statement.
“During that time, I will work from home and keep close tabs on issues of importance to California and the nation,” she said.
Feinstein is chairman of the Intelligence Committee and a member of the Appropriations, Judiciary, and Rules and Administration committees.