- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) will miss the opening of the 112th Congress in order to undergo knee-replacement surgery, the Sacramento Bee reported Tuesday.
The 77-year-old will be unable to travel for about three weeks as she recovers from the operation, which is scheduled for Wednesday in San Francisco, she said in a statement.
“During that time, I will work from home and keep close tabs on issues of importance to California and the nation,” she said.
Feinstein is chairman of the Intelligence Committee and a member of the Appropriations, Judiciary, and Rules and Administration committees.