- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) are the remaining Senate legacies. Pryor, whose father served in the Senate and as Arkansas governor, said legacy Members learn how to legislate at an early age by watching their parents. He suggested that other veteran lawmakers will have to fill the void left by those outgoing legacies next year.
“That’s a loss,” Pryor said of the departures of some of his colleagues. “All of those who love the institution and have a lot of respect for the Senate as an institution; it’s almost in their DNA. Hopefully, the new guys who come in and take their places will have that same kind of respect.”