- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) are the remaining Senate legacies. Pryor, whose father served in the Senate and as Arkansas governor, said legacy Members learn how to legislate at an early age by watching their parents. He suggested that other veteran lawmakers will have to fill the void left by those outgoing legacies next year.
“That’s a loss,” Pryor said of the departures of some of his colleagues. “All of those who love the institution and have a lot of respect for the Senate as an institution; it’s almost in their DNA. Hopefully, the new guys who come in and take their places will have that same kind of respect.”