- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“I cannot imagine that North Carolina Republicans would work with D.C.,” she said. “We swear to uphold the Constitution, so I cannot see how anybody in this body after having taken a vote to uphold the Constitution could possibly entertain the notion of giving a Representative to the District of Columbia.”
Zherka said the group will also reach out to Sen. Kay Hagan (D-N.C.), who voted in favor of the Senate’s version of the D.C. voting rights bill, which the chamber passed last year. The state’s other Senator, Richard Burr (R), voted against it.