- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Welch said leaders gave the liberals a “full hearing” Thursday night, but they opted not to allow the amendment, likely for fear that it could implode the entire package.
“I think one of the problems is they were concerned about moving forward and whether considering a new amendment, including ours, would get in the way of moving forward,” he said.
Jackie Kucinich contributed to this report.