- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
First it was the president, and now it’s the secretary of Education. Members of the Obama administration might love basketball, but playing the game is risky.
An HOH spy spotted Department of Education Secretary Arne Duncan on Thursday afternoon walking through the Ohio Clock Corridor in the Senate “sporting one nasty black eye.”
Turns out Duncan caught an elbow to the cheek playing basketball earlier this week. An Education Department aide tells HOH Duncan suffered three facial fractures. Ouch!
Duncan, who co-captained Harvard University’s basketball team and played professional ball in Australia, isn’t the first administration official to suffer a basketball injury recently, of course. President Barack Obama required a dozen stitches, mostly to his lip, after taking an elbow to the face in a game Thanksgiving weekend.