- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Sen. Tom Coburn’s annual winter beard is garnering a bit of attention this year.
On Wednesday morning, an anonymous admirer created the Twitter handle @TomCoburnsBeard. The first tweet from the beard reads, “it’s chilly outside, good thing i’m keeping tom’s face warm.” The tongue-in-cheek account, which had nearly 100 followers by press time, features a less-than-flattering photo of the Oklahoma Republican’s new facial hair.
No word on who created the Twitter handle. The website listed is Coburn’s official Senate page and the bio information simply reads, “I am the peppered beard that clings to Tom Coburn’s face.”
What’s next? @JohnBoehnersSprayTan?