- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
He has led the GOP opposition to START for several months in order to negotiate acceptable changes with the White House and secure guarantees on related policy issues such as funding to modernize existing U.S. nuclear stockpiles. The senior Republican Senate aide said Kyl’s timeline for revealing his final position on START remains in flux.
Durbin said, essentially, that the treaty’s fate is in the Minority Whip’s hands.
“There’s no question that Sen. Kyl’s been in the driver’s seat in terms of the scheduling,” the Illinois Democrat said. “I hope that we’ve satisfied his concerns and we’ll give him ample opportunity for amendments if he wishes.”