- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Looks like outgoing Rep. Alan Mollohan will be sent off in style.
The West Virginia Democrat, who lost his primary earlier this year, will be feted Wednesday night at a party in the Rayburn House Office Building hosted by his pal Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.).
Turns out the two forged a close friendship after years of working together on the Appropriations Committee, and Fattah wanted to do something nice to honor his Congressional BFF.
Everybody now: Aw!
We hear Fattah is pulling out all the stops for Mollohan and has lined up a handful of Members, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Appropriations Chairman Dave Obey (D-Wis.), to toast him. Later in the evening, we’re told Mollohan will even get a chance to step up to the mic and reflect on his time on the Hill. Bring your tissues!