- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Former Secretary of State Gen. Colin Powell will sit down with President Barack Obama and Vice President Joseph Biden on Wednesday to discuss, among other things, how to advance the stalled Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, the White House announced.
The 3 p.m. meeting at the White House will also include discussions on efforts to reduce high school dropout rates.
Obama has identified ratification of START as one of his priorities for the lame-duck Congress, but he has run into resistance from Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), who is demanding more time to debate the treaty.