- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
Nonetheless, Raoul said his committee would do its best to respect the spirit of that conversation, even as it continues to push for changes to the process in future rounds of redistricting.
His Republican counterpart, state Sen. Dale Righter of Mattoon, said he would watch for progress on that front. I think its important for the public to insist that the majority put actions behind the rhetoric, Righter said, citing public interest groups in Illinois that have pushed for redistricting changes.
Brady credited strong GOP candidates and campaign coordination at the state and national level for Republican gains in 2010, and he hopes for a repeat in 2012. I think particularly at the Congressional level we had such outstanding candidates that I think thats going to bode well for us, he said.