- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The potential candidates in the GOP primary are far from the only thing up in the air at this stage. The biggest question is whether Webb will run for re-election; he has not said what his plans are for 2012. Webb raised less than $20,000 in the third quarter and had less than $500,000 in the bank at the end of September.
“Webb hasn’t done what you’d expect of someone planning to run,” Peake said.
Regardless of whether he runs, the state GOP is already mapping out a strategy to take back the seat. If Webb does run, ousting him will be a top priority.
“Webb has got to go,” Walker said.