- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
As a result, Reid has been trying to juggle the myriad requests of individual Senators. Sen. Joe Lieberman (ID-Conn.) called on Reid to carve out time to debate the repeal of dont ask, dont tell military policy and the defense authorization bill.
Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) hailed Reids plan to bring the immigration reform measure called the DREAM Act to the floor, and Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) said a vote to end secret holds is on her wish list.
I think this is a discussion that goes beyond today, retiring Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.) said. Its the right time to do this, its a good thing to do and Sen. Reid wants to have the caucus involved in the development of a plan forward.