- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced Wednesday on Twitter what immigration reform advocates have been waiting to hear: The Nevada Democrat will bring the DREAM Act to the floor in the coming weeks.
“I will move the DREAM Act as a standalone bill in the lame duck. It’s good for the economy & Pentagon says good for natl security,” Reid wrote.
Reid vowed during his re-election campaign to take up the measure in the lame-duck session, and immigration reform advocates have been ramping up their calls for action on the issue ever since. Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and President Barack Obama have also thrown their support behind the bill, which would give children who are illegal immigrants a path to citizenship if they go to college or join the military.