- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
A slew of lawmakers is coming together to celebrate Rep. Mike Honda’s 10 years in Congress.
The California Democrat is being honored Wednesday night by the Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies and the Center for Asian American Media.
“My work is simply a testament to the commitment and courage of those who came before me who ignited a desire in me to pursue positive changes through policymaking,” Honda says.
Reps. Judy Chu (D-Calif.), Anh “Joseph” Cao (R-La.) and David Wu (D-Ore.) are slated to attend the event at the United States Navy Memorial theater. They will be joined by Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, former Transportation Secretary Norm Mineta, Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine and Honda’s favorite comedian, Dan Nainan.
No word on whether Honda’s favorite party pastime, karaoke, will be part of the celebration.