- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep.-elect Tom Reed (R-N.Y.) was rushed to a hospital near L’Enfant Plaza Hotel Sunday night after he awoke feeling ill.
His wife, Jean, called for help after he said he felt short of breath, according to a press release.
Reed was diagnosed with blood clotting in his lungs but was “resting well” Monday, the release said. He is expected to be released from the hospital Tuesday or Wednesday, and he said he’s ready to return to new-Member orientation.
“I’m feeling good and looking forward to getting to work,” Reed said in the release.
The Congressman-elect has no prior history of blood clots.