- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who is hoping to win re-election via write-in campaign, said Saturday evening that she is closing in on a second full term.
With 431 of the state’s 438 precincts counted, Murkowski led fellow Republican Joe Miller by 11,261 votes, her campaign said in a release.
Suggesting that Miller may not drag out the process if it appears Murkowski would win, spokesman Kevin Sweeney said, “We’d like to take Joe at his word. Right now, it is likely that the total number of unchallenged Murkowski votes will exceed Joe’s vote count ... but we will not claim any kind of victory until every Alaskan has their vote counted.”