- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
“Too often, accountability counts for nothing, and transparency for even less, and common sense — well it’s an endangered species,” he said. “That’s why our leader, John Boehner, has pledged to run the House of Representatives differently than it’s been run in the past — by both parties.”
He noted the GOP Transition Team includes incoming Members who were elected on the mantra that they would come to the nation’s capital to change Congress. He also plugged the GOP move to begin installing cameras in the Rules Committee hearing room and other measures that would improve transparency in the legislative process.
“We’ve got the people’s business to do, and the people have the right to watch that business being done,” he said.