- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
Finally, we must work to improve the lives of the people living with cancer and those who’ve survived it. Today there are 12 million Americans living with cancer. Relatively few have access to programs to help restart their lives after a cancer fight, even though the effects of the disease can linger a lifetime. LIVESTRONG and our many colleagues throughout the cancer advocacy network are working tirelessly to improve the lives of people like Rana Kahl who have survived cancer but are still living with it.
As a new crop of leaders comes to Washington to develop plans for jobs and the economy, we urge them to make fighting this economically devastating disease one of their top priorities.
Doug Ulman is CEO of LIVESTRONG, a cancer advocacy group.