- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Finally, we must work to improve the lives of the people living with cancer and those who’ve survived it. Today there are 12 million Americans living with cancer. Relatively few have access to programs to help restart their lives after a cancer fight, even though the effects of the disease can linger a lifetime. LIVESTRONG and our many colleagues throughout the cancer advocacy network are working tirelessly to improve the lives of people like Rana Kahl who have survived cancer but are still living with it.
As a new crop of leaders comes to Washington to develop plans for jobs and the economy, we urge them to make fighting this economically devastating disease one of their top priorities.
Doug Ulman is CEO of LIVESTRONG, a cancer advocacy group.