- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
But his political future remains cloudy. Facing re-election in 2008, the Senator has seen his home-state approval ratings nose dive in recent weeks. An early July poll found 44 percent of Alaskans hold an unfavorable view of Stevens. That survey, which had a 3.6 point margin of error, was taken before federal agents raided Stevensí home on July 30.
National and state Democrats are trying to recruit Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich (D) to challenge Stevens, and Begich has said he is mulling a run.