- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Republican Steve Pearce represented New Mexico's 2nd District until he resigned his seat in 2008 to run for the U.S. Senate. Pearce lost that race to Democrat Tom Udall, and Democrat Harry Teague captured the 2nd District.
Pearce now wants his seat back, and he faces a much more favorable political climate than Republicans had in the last two election cycles. Rep. Teague tried to limit the amount of fire Republicans can use again him by voting against the health care bill, but votes for the stimulus bill and cap and trade are something Pearce is sure to point out to the 2nd's conservative-leaning voters.
Go back to Roll Call's video page.