- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Gov. Bobby Jindal, R-La., a vocal critic of the federal government's role in education, sued the Obama administration Wednesday over its implementation of the Common Core in Louisiana.
"Common Core is the latest effort by big government disciples to strip away state rights and put Washington, D.C. in control of everything," Jindal said in a statement.
During a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in March, Jindal slammed the administration, calling its education policies "cynical, immoral and hypocritical.”
Roll Call content delivered to your inbox.SIGN UP
Stay connected to the political debates inside Washington.
Want Roll Call on your doorstep?SIGN UP
Already a subscriber?
Sign up to have the print PDF emailed to you.
An updated list of Capitol Hill's leading staffers.