- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
As the Senate debated how to proceed to an emergency supplemental spending package to address an influx of child migrants at the Southern border, wildfire suppression and funding for Israel's Iron Dome, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., decried the inability of senators to offer amendments on the bill.
"I say shame on you for not allowing those of us who represent the states that are most affected by this to have an amendment; an amendment voted on. I mean that, that is unbelievable to me."
Republicans after used a budget point of order by Senate Budget Chairman Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., to kill the Senate bill 50-44, 10 votes shy of the 60 votes needed.