- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said Tuesday that if House Republicans pass a proposed $659 million emergency funding bill to address the child migrant crisis at the Southern border, it could serve as a chance to go to a conference committee on the Senate's 2013 immigration overhaul legislation.
"Well, if they pass that, maybe it's an opening for us to have a conference on our comprehensive immigration reform," Reid said at his weekly news conference. "They're finally sending us something on immigration, maybe we can do that."
Speaker John A. Boehner blasted Reid's comments, saying the majority leader "is making a deceitful and cynical attempt to derail the House’s common-sense solution.”