- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
On Monday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid predicted Congress would fail to pass a bill to fix the VA health care system, but the Nevada Democrat reversed course Tuesday, saying he "hoped" a bill would be completed before the August recess.
"I think the last 24 hours has been quite good," Reid said, referring to conversations with Veterans' Affairs Chairman Bernard Sanders, I-Vt., a member of the conference committee charged with drafting legislation to fix the Department of Veterans Affairs' health care system.