- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
On Monday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid predicted Congress would fail to pass a bill to fix the VA health care system, but the Nevada Democrat reversed course Tuesday, saying he "hoped" a bill would be completed before the August recess.
"I think the last 24 hours has been quite good," Reid said, referring to conversations with Veterans' Affairs Chairman Bernard Sanders, I-Vt., a member of the conference committee charged with drafting legislation to fix the Department of Veterans Affairs' health care system.