- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
With a packed July work period awaiting the Senate, Republicans on Tuesday called on Majority Leader Harry Reid to refrain from votes to score political points, while Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., called on the Nevada Democrat to reopen the amendment process on the floor.
"The House of Representatives this week will pass the sixth appropriations bill," Blunt said at the Senate Republicans weekly news conference. "And they've done that the old fashioned way, also known as the constitutional way, where you bring the bills to the floor, use this long-forgotten process in the Senate called amendments, and let every member bring every amendment they want to bring."