- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
President Barack Obama will not wait any longer for House Republicans to pass an immigration bill, after Speaker John A. Boehner told him he will not allow a vote this year, the president said Monday.
"Last week he informed me that Republicans will continue to block immigration reform at least for the remainder of this year," Obama said Monday in a Rose Garden statement where he announced he would go it alone on immigration, "without Congress," as far as he can.
Obama said he believes Boehner when he says he wants to pass an immigration bill, but he hasn't been able to pass anything despite a year and a half of trying.
"America cannot wait forever for them to act," Obama said.