- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Democratic Manager Mike Doyle brought the coveted Roll Call trophy to the House floor Thursday, celebrating the Democrats 15-6 win over the Republicans in Wednesday's Roll Call Congressional Baseball Game.
"This year we broke two records: we broke an attendance record last night and we also broke a record for the amount of money raised for the charities, over $400,000 for three charities," Doyle said. "I want to congratulate the Democratic baseball team — this is our sixth victory in a row, not that we're counting."
Republican Manager Joe L. Barton of Texas was quick to counter.
"While you've won six games in a row, we've won about 60 votes in a row here on the House floor," Barton said.
"I will tell the gentleman that won't be permanent either," Doyle replied.