- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
When the Senate returns from the July Fourth recess, lawmakers will have just about two weeks to fix a shortfall in funds for federally-backed highway projects, with both parties again in a dispute over taxes.
Senate Finance Chairman Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and Environment and Public Works Chairwoman Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., made a presentation during Tuesday's caucus lunch, and after Majority Leader Harry Reid said not funding surface transportation would be "a real shame" at his weekly news conference.
Wyden said Tuesday the trust fund will go out of balance on July 18.