- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., announced Wednesday afternoon he will resign his leadership post and endorsed Kevin McCarthy of California to replace him.
"Effective July 31st, I will be stepping down as majority leader," Cantor told reporters after an emotional meeting of House Republicans in the Capitol. His defeat has already touched off a massive leadership scramble to replace him.
But Cantor said that he would back his fellow "Young Gun" McCarthy if he runs for leader with his "full support."